REISTERSTOWN, Md. – The Morrisville State Men's Ice Hockey team came back from three goals down, but it was not enough as Stevenson picked up the game winner at the 8:21 mark in the third to edge the Mustangs 4-3.
- Final Score:
- Stevenson 4, Morrisville 3
- Location: Reisterstown, Md.
- Stevenson (1-0-0), Morrisville (0-2-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Stevenson scored twice within the first five minutes of the contest to take an early 2-0 lead.
- Stevenson would strike again on a power play at the 5:51 mark in the second.
- Morrisville flipped the script late in the second as CJ Stubbs (Pleasant Grove, Utah) tallied two power play goals himself to bring the Mustangs within one.
- Just under two minutes into the third, Ryan Bochert (Denver, Colo.) picked up the equalizer with another power play goal.
- Unfortunately for Morrisville, an even handed strike at the 8:21 mark put Stevenson up for good to secure the 4-3 victory.
- Jorgen Johnson (Waterford, Mich.) suffered the loss between the pipes for Morrisville despite turning away 28 shots.
The Mustangs will now turn their attention to their State Universities of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) slate as they open up at home on Friday and Saturday, November 2 and 3 against Plattsburgh. Puck is set to drop both nights at 7 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.