CANTON, N.Y. – The Mustangs and the Golden Eagles wrapped up their final game of their State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) on Saturday evening. Brockport held a slight one goal advantage entering the second period, but a four goal explosion by the Golden Eagles in the second pushed them past the Mustangs 5-1.
- Final Score:
- SUNY Canton 5, Morrisville 1
- Location: Canton, N.Y.
- Morrisville (4-16-2), SUNY Canton (11-9-2)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The host SUNY Canton Roos took a 1-0 advantage at the 8:38 mark in the first period and then extended that lead to 2-0 just over five minutes later.
- The Mustangs were able to cut Canton's lead in half as Jimmy Philbin (Chicago, Ill.) posted his fourth goal of the season at the 5:17 mark in the second period. Ryan Bochert (Denver, Colo.) picked up the assist on the play, his eighth of the season.
- Unfortunately for Morrisville, the Roos tallied their third goal of the game just over three minutes after the Mustangs' goal in the second.
- SUNY Canton found the back of the net twice in the 17th minute of the second period to put the game out of reach.
The Mustangs return to their home ice tomorrow night for a 7 PM puck drop against SUNY Canton as the Roos make the return trip as part of the split series. Morrisville will be wearing custom "Black Out" jerseys which are currently being auctioned off on the team's Facebook page with proceeds going to support the Special Olympics.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.