RUTLAND, Vt. – The defending Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) Champions returned to the ice for the first time for their 2018-2019 campaign on Friday evening and picked up a 6-1 road victory over the Spartans from Castleton.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 6, Castleton 1
- Location: Rutland, Vt.
- Morrisville (1-0-0), Castleton (0-1-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, B.C.) opened the scoring for the Mustangs with a power play goal late in the first period off of a put back in front of the crease.
- Devlin struck again 44 seconds later with another put back off of Kate Powell's (Ann Arbor, Mich.) initial shot.
- Devlin picked up the hat trick at the 1:24 mark in the second.
- Also scoring for the Mustangs were Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany) with two tallies in the third period, and Tessa Dobson (Moose Factory, Ont.) with one in the second.
- Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) picked up the win between the pipes, recording 19 saves.
Morrisville returns to the ice on Saturday afternoon for the second game of their opening non-conference series with the Spartans. Puck drop is set for 2 PM at Castleton.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.