RUTLAND, Vt. – The Morrisville Women's Ice Hockey team picked up right where they left off last night, pouring on goals to defeat the Spartans of Castleton on the road 5-1.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 5, Castleton 1
- Location: Rutland, Vt.
- Morrisville (2-0-0), Castleton (0-2-0)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany) put the Mustangs on the board first with her third goal of the season with a put back at 16:55 in the first period.
- Ujcik extended the Morrisville lead to 2-0 at the 4:17 mark in the second period as the Mustangs capitalized on the power play.
- Morrisville converted three of six second period power play opportunities, the first from Ujcik, the second off the stick of Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, B.C.), and the third from Alexziz Giannamore (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
- Morrisville's only blemish occurred at the 8:18 mark in the third when Jocelyn Forrest found the back of the net for the Spartans.
- Ujcik capped off her hat trick at 16:23 in the third win an unassisted tally.
- Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) recorded 24 saves for Morrisville.
The Mustangs begin their quest for a Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) Championship three-peat next weekend as they open conference play on the road for a weekend series at Nichols. Morrisville will hit the ice on Friday for a 3:40 PM start and will return again on Saturday for a 12:40 PM puck drop.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.