HARRISVILLE, R.I. – The Mustangs allowed two early goals to Nichols, and the deficit was too much for Morrisville to overcome as they fell 3-1 in their Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) opener on Friday evening.
- Final Score:
- Nichols 3, Morrisville 1
- Location: Harrisville, R.I.
- Morrisville (2-1-0, 0-1-0 CHC), Nichols (3-0-0, 1-0-0 CHC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Nichols' Mel McAleer found the back of the net twice early in the first period, the first at the 3:18 mark and the second at the 5:15 mark.
- Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany) got the Mustangs on the board with a power play goal assisted by Alexziz Giannamore (Pittsburgh, Pa.) at the 11:33 mark in the first.
- However, both squads went scoreless throughout the remainder of the first, the entire second and nearly all of the third.
- Morrisville pulled their goaltender late in the third in an attempt to even the score, but Nichols broke free for an empty net goal to secure the 3-1 victory.
Morrisville will look to rebound quickly as they return to the ice Saturday afternoon for the second game of their opening CHC series at Nichols. The first puck drop is set for 12:40 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.