MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville State Women's Ice Hockey team used a two-goal effort from Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany) to propel them to a 4-1 win over Salve Regina and the Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) series sweep.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 4, Salve Regina 1
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville (5-1-0, 3-1-0 CHC), Salve Regina (1-4-0, 1-3-0 CHC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Salve Regina Seahawks got on the board first at the 5:24 mark in the second period off the stick of Lexie Anderson on a put back from Rebecca Hasting's initial strike.
- However, the Mustangs took no time in responding when Ujcik and Taylor Finnie (Kamloops, B.C.) broke free from the subsequent face off. Ujcik tied the contest with her seventh goal of the season, while Finnie picked up the assist, her second of the season.
- Morrisville would add two more goals in the second for the 3-1 lead. Maria deWilde (Caistorville, Ont.) tallied her second of the season at the 11:39 mark. Tessa Dobson (Moose Factory, Ont.) followed that up with a wrist shot to the top right corner at the 17:09 mark.
- Ujcik capped off the Morrisville scoring with a strike late in the third period for her second of the game and eighth of the season.
Morrisville will continue their home stand with another CHC series next weekend as they host the University of New England. Friday's contest will begin at 4 PM, while Saturday's puck drop is set for 1 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.