MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville Women's Ice Hockey team returned to their home ice on Saturday afternoon, just getting past the Bengals from Buffalo State in a non-conference tilt.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville St. 1, Buffalo St. 0
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville St. (6-3-1), Buffalo St. (2-4-1)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs controlled the bulk of the action from start to finish on Saturday afternoon but were unable to find the back in the first two periods.
- Morrisville State out-shot Buffalo State 11-4 in the first period. However, the Mustangs only held a one shot advantage in each of the next two periods over the Bengals.
- The Bengals gave the Mustangs two opportunities to convert on power plays at the end of the first and second periods as Buffalo state picked up penalties in the 18th minute of each. Unfortunately with the power plays spanning into the start of the subsequent period, the Mustangs struggled to get their man-up offensive rhythm going.
- Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany) broke the deadlock with a flip in front of the crease. Tessa Dobson (Moose Factory, Ont.) picked up the assist with her pass from behind the end line.
- Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) collected the win in net, posting 17 saves on her way to the shut out.
Morrisville will stay on their home ice for their next non-conference match up against another local rival as they host Utica College on Tuesday, November 27 at 7 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.