WINCHENDON, Mass. – Host Franklin Pierce scored twice within two minutes time in the first period and held the Mustangs scoreless for the remainder of the contest, as they picked up the 2-0 non-conference win over Morrisville State Friday evening in Winchendon, Massachusetts.
- Final Score: Franklin Pierce 2, Morrisville State 0
- Location: Winchendon, Mass.
- Records: Franklin Pierce 7-4-0, Morrisville State 7-4-1
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Franklin Pierce scored twice in the first period, the first at 10:10 into the period with a follow up tally on the power play at 12:36 to carry a 2-0 lead throughout the remainder of the first and second periods.
- Morrisville State poured on the heat offensively in the third, but Emma Ostrander turned away 10, and three blocked Mustang shots, to keep the visitors scoreless en route to the shut out victory.
- Sophomore netminder, Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) recorded 25 stops in the loss in net, 10 in the first period.
- Ostrander saved 19 in the win.
- Morrisville State held the edge in faceoff wins at the dot, collecting 30, including 12 from senior Maria deWilde (Caistorville, ONT) and another 10 from Kaitlyn Schlake (Nampa, ID).
- Morrisville State will return to the ice tomorrow, facing the Ravens once again, at 1 p.m. Live stats and video are available at www.morrisvillestateathletics.com.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.