MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Morrisville Women's Ice Hockey team faced off against local foe, Hamilton College on Tuesday afternoon for their first action in 2019. The Continentals picked up a goal in the second and third for the 2-0 win.
- Final Score:
- Hamilton 2, Morrisville 0
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville St. (9-6-1), Hamilton (9-4-1)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Mustangs and Continentals were deadlocked after the first twenty minutes of play as each team struggled to get shots off and any offensive momentum going after the mid-season layoff.
- The Continentals were able to break through the offensive struggles, capitalizing on a power play opportunity at the 5:42 mark in the second period.
- Hamilton struck again halfway through the third as Mya Berretta picked up her second goal of the game.
- Morrisville did get their opportunities, as the Mustangs went on the power play themselves once in each period, but it was not enough as Hamilton ran their penalty kill defense to perfection.
Morrisville will return to the ice for one more non-conference series at Neumann University on Friday and Saturday, January 25 and 26. Friday night's start time is set for 4 PM, while Saturday's puck drop is set for 2 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.