MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – The Mustangs picked up a key Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) victory on Friday evening, defeating the Kangaroos from SUNY Canton 2-1 on their home ice.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 2, Neumann 1
- Location: Morrisville, N.Y.
- Morrisville St. (12-6-1, 4-2-1 CHC), SUNY Canton (9-8-3, 4-3-0 CHC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- After a scoreless first period, the Mustangs exploded for 20 shots on goal in the second period.
- Mackenzie Lombardi (Hamilton, Ont.) continued her scoring streak, putting Morrisville ahead 1-0 half way through the second period. Chyne Kennedy (Southwold, Ont.) was credited with the second assist after her initial shot was deflected to Maria deWilde (Caistorville, Ont.) who in turn found Lombardi. deWilde received the first assist.
- Despite the shot advantage, the Mustangs were unable to get on the board again until the third period.
- Kylie Cameron (Burlington, Ont.) broke through the Roos line in the penalty kill for a break away short-handed goal at the 6:27 mark in the third to give the Mustangs a 2-1 lead.
- The only blemish on the night for the Mustangs was a deep chip shot from the blue line by Canton's Whitney Bernier that fell just over the shoulder of Morrisville's goaltender, Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway).
- Arvik collected 17 saves in the win.
Morrisville is back on the ice tomorrow afternoon at 1 PM for the final game of their CHC series with the Roos.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.