WORCESTER, Mass. – The Mustangs picked up three goals in the first period to set the tone for another Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) win on Saturday afternoon, defeating the Becker College Hawks, 3-0.
- Final Score:
- Morrisville 3, Becker 0
- Location: Worcester, Mass.
- Morrisville St. (14-6-2, 6-2-2 CHC), Becker (4-16-3, 1-8-1 CHC)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Morrisville started strong once again on Saturday afternoon, posting three goals in a matter of two minutes in the first period for the convincing early lead.
- Chyne Kennedy (Southwold, Ont.) picked up the power play goal to put the Mustangs up 1-0 ripping a follow up shot past the Hawks goaltender after Ciara Lark's (Mildmay, Ont.) attempt was saved. Lark picked up the assist on the play.
- Just under two minutes later, Mackenzie Lombardi (Hamilton, Ont.) and Maria deWilde (Caistorville, Ont.) combined to find Jessica Ujcik (Munich, Germany) who slipped the puck inside the right post for the 2-0 advantage.
- Morrisville went right back at it, scoring their third first period tally 18 seconds later off of the stick of Megan Kirk (Breezy Point, N.Y.) after she picked up Alexziz Giannamore's (Pittsburgh, Pa.) face off win in front of the crease with a clear shot on net.
- While the Mustangs continued to control the puck throughout the remainder of the first and through the second and third periods, they were unable to find the back of the net. However, neither did the Hawks as the Mustangs completed their fourth shutout of the season.
- Karoline Arvik (Trondheim, Norway) notched 20 saves in the win.
Morrisville will return home next weekend for their final regular season CHC games as they host the Gulls from Endicott. Friday's game time is set for 4 PM, while Saturday's puck drop is scheduled for 1 PM.
Morrisville State College's curricula are enriched with applied learning and pave the way for opportunity at both the Morrisville and Norwich campuses. An action-oriented, interactive learning lab, the college is a national leader in technology and has been lauded for its exemplary, innovative and effective community service programs.
The college was ranked among the Best Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2018 issue and was also recognized in the Top Public Schools, Regional Colleges North in the 2018 Best Colleges rankings. For more information about Morrisville State College, visit www.morrisville.edu.